Tuesday 22 March 2016

A comment from a colleague

Hi Ruth,

 

You know me and my technological prowess (or should I say – non-prowess!) Hence, I reply to your usual email address and not to the blog – but you’re always welcome to add it to your blog - if you wish.

 

What a wonderful time you would have had at the course! It just brought me back to all the things we used to do as kids – and all the things we learnt. Sure, there were some cuts and bruises, but that’s all part of the learning. 

 

I think your last paragraph was SOOOO powerful: “Now it might have been easier or less messy and less risky to give us a worksheet about fairy houses, or a colouring in activity. What are your thoughts?”

 

I have nothing against worksheets and colouring in activities every now and again, but imagine how much REAL learning is missed if the outdoor activities are omitted! I really hope that all children get to learn in the outdoors, just like we did when we were kids. We took it for granted in those days, didn’t even realise how lucky we were to be given those incredible learning opportunities!!!

 

Big hugs,

 

Zdena Pethers

Curriculum Advisor

Educational Services, Nirimba office

Ph. 0412 460 278

Email. zdena.pethers@det.nsw.edu.au

 

new

 

 

From: noreply+feedproxy@google.com [mailto:noreply+feedproxy@google.com
Sent: Sunday, 20 March 2016 3:20 AM
To: Pethers, Zdena
Subject: nurturingnature

 

No comments:

Post a Comment